Wednesday, July 7, 2010

28 Days Left - Making a Name for Myself



So what's up with making a name for myself?
A LOT!

As what I have said, I have turned my rat-race job into a training ground where I can fully develop my leadership skills, especially on coaching and preaching. So my major project lately was to empower my team of supervisors and team leaders all they have to know about handling the team - without me. (Begin with the end in mind! Right? Hehehe)

So I barged them these weeks with a series of trainings.

One project I had was to empower all team leaders with my First 20 Days program. This was coined with our new president's First 100 days. So they would have to come up and implement programs in their sections in the aspects of merchandise, display, and manpower. In other words, give them the freedom to do anything the can to help improve the department of course with my guidance.

Aside from this, I have officially opened up to all leaders that I am an open source. This would formally crash out their "fear" of going near me. (This has been a long issue since I was in college, people are afraid to come near me because they get this dead-serious-nerd-hunk look from me, of which is plainly wrong, right? ) I really made it clear to them that being an open source, they can come straight at me anytime and ask for help.

I also do increased the number of personnel I coach on sales, leadership, and time management. Even before, I used to seriously coach at least one personnel in 2 weeks, why not all at the same time? So I'm increasing my load up.

I'm also doing a series of what I call "friendly talk" to some key personnel of my floor. Most especially those whom we label, "Attitude Problem".  It's a simple talk, on catching them up, listening to what they've got to say and what I've got to say. And the results are promising.

And also as I mentioned before about them not book-friendly, however I found a few who are! So few that they are only two! But hey, that's more than enough! So I have them borrow the books "The Way of the Shepherd", and "Closing the Sales".

I'm filled and thrilled on this. However, still one question hangs in mid-air..

"Why didn't I do this before!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails