Tuesday, July 13, 2010

23 Days Left - The Most Powerful Question



I had one of the most powerful days of my life after hearing a powerful inspiring story and powerfully inspiring three people with that story and it powerfully changed their lives at that instant and with the help of this powerful gripping question...

What if this is your last day on earth? What will you do?

Powerful right?

The story was that of Kuya Anthony Dy, one of the lives we'd include in our upcoming best-selling book, who was a tangled up in serious drug addiction for 8 years and now is a man with a powerful mission of helping out the less fortunate. And that was the same question he asked himself that lead him to have a great dream aligned to God's dream.

After our interview, I was literally pumped up that I shared that same question and a background of the man behind that question to two of my teamleaders during lunch. Typically, their answer would be...

"Spend time with my family and arranged things before I depart"

But I sprang back,

"Yeah Yeah, but you see, that would only take, say 2 hours of your time, what would you do in the next 22 hours?"

Silence. A looooooooooooooooong silence. "Tell me when you will have your answer."

"Sure sir, we'll get back to you when we'll have an answer."

Later that afternoon, I was asked to take an IQ exam as a requirement for promotion. I was really planning to fail it, promotion was an option I wouldn't consider yet. However, I decided to just enjoy it learning from my race story, but I ended up inspiring the test facilitator with her exclamation of "Kuya, I will resign!"

How?

With that powerful question.

What if this is your last day on earth? What will you do?

Plus, with Gary Vaynerchuk's powerful "There is no reason to do sh*t you hate" and do what you love and living your dream, Jim Rohn's increasing your market value, and my version of it - out of the rat race. My aim was to present to her that she is MORE than she think she could be. That simple. But in the end, it's all up to her.


I was really fulfilled but my rat-race job stopped me because I still need to make some rat-race reports. However, at the back of my head leaving the exam room I asked myself...

"What if this is my last day on earth? What will my do?

"Doing just that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails