Sunday, July 11, 2010

25 Days Left - The BIG Dilemma



"I am dying to resign!!!"

I cannot contain the opportunities that lay in front of me lately these days. The turn of events within the last days of the 90-day challenge have opened promising doors ahead and I so want to step my foot in all of them. Finally I would be out of the rat race, BUT there is a very big BUT! I still do not have enough financial stability to support my family. You see, I'm the only income earner in the family. So I'm in a pretty deep dilemma lately.

Just last night, I stumbled on this powerful, rocking video of Gary Vaynerchuk: Do What You Love (No Excuses!). Here it is:



And you know what? this video sorted out things in my head. Here are my insights:

There is no reason to do sh*t you hate

Exactly. Hear Hear. This is why I won't resign just yet. Yep, I love my work, I just hate the fact that I'm working for somebody else!! I know, I'll be missing a lot of opportunities while I'm working there. If you could only see the mess on my to-do list in this laptop's sticky notes. With the book, businesses, LOJ, my internet plans, and all its waaaay to tempting to get out. But, like what I've posted, I'm exploiting my work to train myself to become a motivational speaker and coach. (I recently discovered how my writing skills have improved, never did anyone refused on my proposal letters lately!)

You need to hustle!

However, a few seconds ago, I made a decision to do double time on this. I have to learn as fast as I can on all these. My major project is to duplicate myself in the workplace, nurture leaders with my mindset, just by then will I resign. And because of this...

Legacy is greater than currency

This is what I am mainly after-my core desire. Duplicate. Leave a mark on all my team members. A name for myself. 

But thinking practically, how could I support my family if I cut off my income, as what Gary said..

You don't get money for doing what you love...I lost a sh*tload of money for doing what I love

He maybe right, but with the us GEMs - Group of Enlightened Millionaires - we'll prove him wrong. At this stage of my life he may be right, but as you can see, he said something that encourages me...

Patience...Small niches...can grow Crazy...if he's patient enough.. he's gonna be huge!

I know I'm gonna be huge. I'm sure about that! I may only have a handful of fans, but they're my fans now.  I just need to tell myself over and over again, if I'll focus on earning fast cash to make my exit out of the rat race, I might just lose the cash fast! I haven't even fully established my millionaire mind as shown in my attitude during the night race, see?

All I need to do right now is do small but powerful steps one at a time in this journey. 
And still enjoying every step of it.

1 comment:

  1. "I know, I'll be missing a lot of opportunities while I'm working there."

    I think I know what you mean by this... hahaha!!!! So do it NOW as in NOW (what we talked tonight about the library), and let's see the results. hahaha! :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails