Monday, July 5, 2010

30 Days Left - Need Me? No Thanks!



Everyday is becoming clear and clearer for me as I live my dream of preaching and coaching. The world has become more colorful with the fact that I begin my day with a mission and I end it recounting how I took small steps in accomplishing it.

However, here is my first obstacle, but not reallly an obstacle but my first truth:

I want to motivate everybody, but not everybody wants to motivated.

If this you're in this kind of business, this is the very first thing you have to accept. You cannot help everybody.

I experienced this when one day I tried to contact my college best friend. He was so busy, that I PM her girlfriend instead of him noticing how active she was on facebook.

I enthusiastically sent to him a proposal that we could meet so we can brainstorm and I was so willing to help him formally establish his business. His family makes the best pastries and cakes and I could see what big potentials it could bring. If we could only sit down, layout the marketing, operations, logistics, without even greatly affecting their jobs.

And you know what, I wrote to for him 3 times. First, on my way to proof read it there was a brownout. So I wrote everything the second time. But when she replied, she asked what's wrong because my message was empty. So finally, she received the message and promised to text me. 8 Days later and there was nothing.

"Some people are really made as workers. They just don't have the factor of becoming leaders. Don't worry Hanz, maybe they could become our suppliers when time comes we need them"
as kuya shared his insight about them.

This situation was also true as I mentored one of my employee. I was so interested to help him that I was sharing to him my insights on finances and life. But that was only good for 2 days. I was waiting he'd approach me and ask me what's next. 3 months passed and we never talked about that again.

Soon I would be meeting a lot more of this kind of people. Fortunately, I'm delighted that as early as this stage I'm able to know about this truth, because if not I would end up frustrated. I'll just have to do my part at its best, the rest is up to them.

How about you, are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails