Wednesday, July 14, 2010

22 Days Left - Making the Impossible, Possible



One of the best life discovery is when you realize that the seemingly impossible, is really possible.

That's what happened.

I never thought God would give me an opportunity to take on the-most-feared-strong-despised-blamed-tiger-but-people-never-knew-they-were-wrong manager of our company. At her discouraging time, God invited me, "Hanz, this is your time, inspire her, let me do my work through you!"

I did hesitate. At first I was afraid, I was petrified. (lyrics?) It's like trying to motivate a wall to move. But hey, I won't lose anything. And so what I did, I barged into their conversation as she was trying to express her dismay and simply offered her to read the book "The Way of The Shepherd". And I was amazed that she accepted it.

You see. When I started working there, I was at times disappointed of how she manages things. It was like trying to make life miserable for us. She was this type who really sticked to the rules, no matter what! She also has this look - the same look I have that made one applicant exclaimed at me, "Sir, hadlok jud ko nimo.", "Sir, I'm really afraid of you."

But being my immediate superior, as I get to spend more time with her than any other supervisor of my level, I came to understand her thinking and her ways. Her weakness that drove people nuts was also her strength that made her good on her job.

We continued with our conversation. She finally exclaimed that she would resign. I offered her the book with the goal in mind that if only she would combine her way of strict monitoring and the principles of leadership found in the book she will become one great leader.

I also found out that one of her "loves" was to audit! No wonder! I asked her as an assignment to figure out her loves - core gifts and figure out too her goals - in detail. I explained that this is the first step we should do before just exclaiming to resign.

I can't wait to get back to her answers. I'll be texting her Feel Great qoutes too. I also challenged her to finish the book in one sitting. I can't wait.

By the way, you know what was the seemingly impossible that became possible? She called out...
"Hanz, my new advisor"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails