Thursday, June 24, 2010

41 Days More - I Wish I Was a College Drop-Out



"Have you been absent lately?"
"Nah, not yet, I don't want to skip classes, our prof told us he'd give additional .3 to our grades if we would never miss a class."
"Really? .3 is big enough! I won't skip classes too!"
"Good. I'll try my best to be on the dean's list this semester."
"Oh, I'm pretty sure you'll get it."
"I want to become a CPA like my father, take it as a pre-law too. Imagine, I'm a CPA and also a lawyer!"
"Awesome!"

I had a smirk while listening to these two college boys while in the locker room of the gym. Oh, I really miss going to school. And if I'd get a chance, oh boy, will I cut classes! 

Back in college my world was the library. Lets say, I'm more of a nerd, a nerd hunk to be exact. hehehe There were only 3 places I know in school, the classroom, the Campus Ministry Office, and the Library. But I spent most of my time in my kingdom - the library.

I was pretty diligent too, never missed a class, attentive in discussions, cursed myself if I get 3 mistakes in an exam, I studied and read a lot, I was the typical A-student. And so I graduated an A-student. And everybody was happy. But looking back, shocks! I missed most of the good part. Hanging out and wasting time with friends, laughed out loud, group cutting classes, being scolded for trying something new, ran off to play games, and a whole lot more. And right now, I regret, I'll never ever have a chance to experience them.

Sad part here, though I became an A-student obviously I ended up an A-employee. Great job, great pay, and of course GREAT responsibilities. But no matter what I do, I'm still an employee UNDER an employer UNDER the punch card UNDER the 15 day salary cycle UNDER someone who gets rich everyday because I work hard for them. Not the freedom I expected from an A-person like me.

Another "sadder" part here is that only about 10% of what the A-student learned was applied to his being an A-employee. Ouch! Where's the 90%? In the trash bin together with the test papers!

(Oops, the optimistic Hanz has something to say, "Thanks to the training you had with your professors and collegues, you were able to sharpen the right attitude though. And don't forget, thanks to becoming an A-student you became an A-employee -hehehe- and so you had just enough salary to support your family!" 
 "Okay, 'get your point" the writing Hanz agreed.)

And I regret, "If only I was learning in college what I am learning right now, then I would've been an enlightened millionaire in 7 days!! I could've been an A-employer already! I would've developed my core gifts earlier and I could've touched millions of lives at my age right now!"

Listening to those two teens, inside me was screaming to tell them, "Don't take it too seriously, skip classes time and again, enjoy college. You don't need all those stuff to succeed! Drop out boys

Oh well, I wished someone was telling me those words when I was in college.

(But wait, the optimistic Hanz has something to say, "Remember Hanz, someone still has to become a teacher, an engineer, a CPA and a lawyer, right? The world needs them! So just chill..everything has a reason.")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails