Monday, June 28, 2010

38 Days More to Go - I Love My Job! Huh??



You got me right! I LOVE MY JOB!

After all the previous controversial posts - Wish I was a College Drop Out and My Confessions- I had a little twist on my mindset. You know, it's all a matter of looking at it. Rather than sourgrape and complain, I chose to take a different perspective. But why a sudden change?

I'm not just trying to training to be one great motivational speaker. I am into a new move...Coaching.

It all started after one of my employee forged a document to excuse her not reporting to our store but another store. Since its her first time, so what I did was counseling. But it turned out to be a life changing counseling.
'
She has been with the company for quite some time, so I was really expecting much from her. But unfortunately, she's showing attitude below standards. Burn-out and familiarity and no-fulfillment results into one employee who starts the "chatroom". And so what I did? Very simple. Told her frankly that she's one of the best, but not becoming one. Told her she has a lot of leadership potentials and I can guide her to become one. And empowered her with opportunities that make her more fulfilled of her work.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm just so proud to say, I've got one employee back on track.

All these came out while I was reading the book Top Performance by Zig Ziglar. I have been really longing for one leadership book and this book was the answer to all my prayers.

At my work, one of the demotivating factors is the lack of someone I look up to. Maybe a there's one or two but no one has been really my idol at work. So I don't really see any point in staying long in the supervisor's station right after lunch. I just get out and read a book. And I don't really have a mentor or a REAL boss at work, a boss I'd offer myself to be harassed. None falls under my qualification. And also, there's not motivation going on. So its  really all by myself.

I used to say that no one is tapping my back. But Kuya reminded me not to worry because HE is tapping my back.

And so, hard to admit, I still belong to the rat race BUT I'm still making the best out of it or shall I say, exploiting it. I have all the opportunity to hone my leadership skills and all other things needed to become one effective people- manager. But still, Hanz remember, this is just a STAGE where I need to go through, I should keep track on my goal. Savor every moment. Be optimistic of every moment.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! You should join me in Toastmasters na lageh kuya so you can inspire more people! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails