Monday, July 12, 2010

24 Days Left - I Wish Everyday is My Day Off



There's always that sense of fulfillment I get in my day-off. There's no more wonderful thing than being able to work hard on myself than on my job! Where at the end of the day, your productivity goes back to you. That's what life ought to be right?

Aside from finishing all the layout of the proposed designs for the feel great shirts, worked on the stories for the best-selling book, and finalized for a new small biusiness I'm working out right now, here's one remarkable thing that happened - and it has something to do with my parents.

I realized, that if only I get to spend enough time with them I can guide them or help them out of this hole they got themselves into.

I spent the whole morning at home and both of them are pretty busy with all the preparations for my grandmothers burial and I was able to witness how their typical day would be. And so I striked at every chance I could get to strike at them!

Strike 1. They had petty quarrels over money. 
My father has this inclination of seeking out fast solutions to problems without thinking harder, plus added with a louder voice and irritation, they would have petty quarrels with my mother. Often my mom - afraid of his high blood pressure - conceded and there goes money not spent smartly. And so what I did was to interrupt their argument showed them a good solution that shut them up looking at each other.

Strike 2. My Mom's Mistake
My mother has this tendency to be quite extra talkative especially in relaying information. Well, we had this history with misunderstandings with our relatives - unfortunately, they often see us wrong. And so I took the chance to tell her straight that she should be careful in "adding colors" into information. Tendency is your "blue" might not be the "blue" of the one your relaying information to. I told her to stick with the details - the details the other party needs. And she too must be careful to whom she's talking to with colors because people have this great talent to do wonderful masterpieces from only one information.

Strike 3. Techniques and Strategies
There has been a lot of challenges in the preparations for the burial especially with the life plan and the providing funeral service. It's pretty obvious they're making more money with our loss and we just want to have a fair share on this. And so while on the phone negotiating I showed my parents what words can they use - number figures, "You are the only one who can help us" expectation technique, and offering win-win deals - to catch favor from the other side. And yup, it worked just fine!

This made me want to resign even more! Hahaha!

If only I could be with them more, we could really work bigger things out. This is such a motivating experience. I realized my parents have hope! They can get out of this hole and they just need some guidance - tough guidance. If I was able to inspire other people and move them to action,  
why not with my parents?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails