Monday, June 28, 2010

37 Days Left - The Power of Delegation



"If others can do it...let them do it!"


That's the power of delegation!


Having been a supervisor for around 8 months, its only on the 8th month that I have finally embraced the fact that it's my power to delegate! Imagine for the past 8 months it would be me who would go up and down the offices to get the memos..it would be me who would type and mail their reports...it would be me who would drag and carry stocks and clear the bodega!

I don't know why, but I have been trained in the past for servant-leadership. Well, I never had a mentor or idol on company-based leadership and so bad for me, I took it literally. Actually, I thought it was very effective, which it was really, people to see me as one of them. However, it became too much like one of them, they started taking advantage!

"Sir, could you please print this for me...."

Not until I joined the the Internet Marketing Workshop Seminar - the life changing seminar last April. On which one highlight was the power of delegation. We had this activity of writing down everything we don't want to do and how can we delegate it. This idea was the core of the book 4-hour Work Week a book by Tim Ferris, putting a system into everything that it all goes auto-pilot.

And so, I directly applied this aspect to work and, whew, it was differently effective! For the first time, I was not afraid to call someone to go to the office and get the memo for me. At first it was a strange feeling, "Hey, I can do this, but why am I letting them do it...?" goes over my head often. But hey, its my job to delegate!!

At first it was challenging, why? I have to teach them one by one. I have to teach them how to use the computer programs, how to make the reports, I have to assign people and responsibilities, and set-up a well-established system that goes automatically. I did this for 2 months, and the results are fantastic.

I am now able to do a lot, in such a little time. I am also practicing it too in my shirt business.  It's on auto-pilot too, a division of tasks, maximizing the internet, set up a system, with dates and deadlines, no inventory, cycle profits and all goes smoothly. A true example of a semi-passive income.

Soon I will be working 4 hours a week and earning more than what I earn now. Would you want that? And it all started with accepting the fact that you may be the best but you still need the rest.. that's delegation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails