Sunday, June 20, 2010

42 Days Left - Focus on My Preaching Skills



Things had been quite different lately, especially on the way I manage my work and my team. Like what I said, I'm now focusing on harnessing my skills in writing and preaching or putting it simply: touching lives.

As you know, we have been writing much on our upcoming book. So how about my preaching skills?

Simple, I give simple talks  to my people in anyway I can.

Every morning we have a pep-talk. And honestly for me, its just the most awaited part of my work! Pep-talk is where the whole team would gather around discuss what happened the previous day, share to them the events and plans, or any other important information dissemination. But instead of all these, what I do is to share them  stories, and positive inputs about work and about life and life purpose. Most of them came from not-so-well-off families. Financially struggling, and lack direction in life. And it's such a great feeling looking at them listening intently and seriously when I talk to them about life truths and principles!


My common topics would be that they are all  meant for greater things - living beyond the ordinary. I also give much emphasis on how important for me their tasks. All they have to do is to perfect their small tasks and responsibilities and leave the rest to me. As long as they perfect that then we can bring the whole team forward. I would keep on reminding them, for the past 8 monhts, if you can perfect the small things then can you be able to handle bigger things.

Improvements? Not much. Maybe it would really take enough time and individual focus. But what I'm confidently sure is I have made them uplift themselves from not just mere workers but team members. Plus, the respect I gained from them is assuring.

Aside from the pep-talks, I also shoot some simple truths if I can in our conversations. When they complain, give opinions, or start a talk, I always, in any way I can, inject to them something positive. Those moments that they would bow their head in silence and smile. Gotcha!

And so, instead of complaining on my work as in my other post, there's something I look forward to everyday. It may not be much, but the experience is gratifying. Plus, I get to focus on my life skills. Remember, what you focus on grows!

1 comment:

  1. yes, focus and concentrate and attract the things you want in your life!

    we believe in that too!

    cheers! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails