Thursday, June 17, 2010

45 Days More - Diamonds In My Backyard



Just weeks ago, I found a big diamond in my backyard! And right now we are harvesting it.
And I wont tell you about it!

Just kidding!

I’m talking about my second business: selling shirts we sell online through Facebook. Let me tell you a little story behind it.

As all millionaires are, you can never be one unless you have a team. And so I teamed up with my classmate back in high school and my friend for over 12 years now, Leandro. (The biggest guy in the center of the picture..hehehe) Good thing is, we have the same mindset with regards to wealth and finance. So working out with him was no problem, and he became my official co-millionaire.

One Saturday evening two weeks ago, we juggled up all possible ideas where we could strike one powerful business plan. Tell you, it was not easy. We covered everything from internet to real estate and we still hadn’t hit jack pot. We have been squeezing our creative juices for 2 hours already and there was nothing. Tired we just talked about our experiences in the seminary. Yup, you heard it right! I was a seminarian of Don Bosco for 6 years, 6 wonderful years.

And we hit, jackpot! We will be selling t-shirts for ex-seminarians! The big diamond lying in our past! We just got the simplest yet most promising business plan ever! So we spent the next 30 minutes planning and exploring all possibilities with energy and enthusiasm.

We wont be having any problem with the market because we already have one strong one. We are a member of the Facebook group Ex Sems of DB with 300 plus members, so the market is just a click away.

Start-up? Just plain creativity and the internet. We conceptualize a design of a letter X similar to that of WWF to come up with something attractive yet with attitude. However, we added our seminary’s motto,” Ecce Ego Mitte Me”, which means, “Here I am Send Me.” This was made to have a sense of identity to our buyers thus making them have a need to get one.

We also came up with a brilliant marketing plan. The first 10 to comment on Facebook gets a big discount. And tell you, it was just so effective! It would have been better if we would have a pre-launch program like announcing to the group that there is something huge coming. However, we posted it just a day before. No worries, next time we’ll do that.

An additional strategy too was given by Kuya Tony, sell only a limited number of shirts. We decided to print only 99pcs. Why? This would create a sense of urgency to the buyers if we say that it is a limited edition! Thanks Kuya!

And so last June 11, at 8:30 in the evening we launched the X sems shirt! And just before midnight we already had the top 10! Simply great for the starters. We even had 2 from Luzon already!

Orders have a cut-off on Tuesday and they will be released on Saturdays where we would be meeting in a place to distribute the shirts to our buyers.

We would be releasing it 2 days from now, and I am just so excited..


I really can’t believe that all this is just in my past, behind me. My diamond is just in my backyard! And with this, we already have a lot of great ideas coming after this. 

By the way, you might want to know where who’d manufacture our clothes. Again, part of our past, in our backyard. The father of our classmate in the seminary, who also was one Ex sem!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails