Tuesday, May 25, 2010

66 Days More - Meet My New Friend: Debts



"Basa-basa ka aning millionaire unya basin inig ka tiguwang nimo di nimo makuha magmahay ka"
"You keep on reading these millionaire stuffs but when you grow old you might not get it and you'll regret it"

Blurted out by mom. A typical "poor" people money blueprint in real life. All the determined millionaire promised to himself..
"Who's saying I can not get that million??? Just watch out, and you'll see"

Money has been a curse in my family most especially in what I call the "Dark Ages" of the Florentino's. Belonging to a middle-class family, ever since I was a child, financial problems has been dominant in our home. Until I got to high school where my parents were literally drowned in debts. And then to college when it relationships come in conflict because of money. And slowly I was programmed of how "deadly" money can be. And most of all, I totally despised and rebuked and super hated debts! I saw how evil it is that debts could've made me belong to a broken family.

However, now as I am in my next book, Creating Wealth by Robert G. Allen even in the first chapter I was able to slowly open myself to the "necessity" of debts to become a millionaire. This refers to investment debts or shall I say good debts that can be used as leverage to help me fast track my first million. I'll share more about this when I get to apply this in the coming days.

My strikes:
-Gosh, I never thought that this old house behind our house which we owned could be a source of income. Unfortunately, my aunt is living in the house, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

-I was awakened the other day by a business opportunity! PIGS! Yes, pigs! My father's friend runs a piggery and a set of the piglets were unsold so he offered to sell it to me then have it for pig fattening. The terms would be that I buy the pig but he fattens it for selling for about 90 days, but I will be the one to finance for the feeds and as it would be sold we'll divide the profit.

The opportunity was catchy and so I asked advice from Kuya, and he told me to study it more. I was really rushing to go for it but the problem was I can only afford 1 piglet!! And so I called up my Aunt Lita who used to have pigs and asked for her inputs. Right then and there he told me not to take it if I'll only go for 1 or 2 pigs. I might end up losing a lot. A good deal would be to get 4 or 5 piglets to have a clear return of investment (ROI) of around 10k and she even offered that she'd be the one to do fattening. Saddened but happy that I didn't get myself into a wrong investment I said no to the offer...just for now!

Looking for other alternatives, I called up a friend, Dro, who mentioned before that he'd go to pig fattening, and offered him to that he'd take the that original offer. Fortunately, he was interested and promised to meet me this week so that we could discuss it more. Oh, we're getting somewhere here...nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails