Sunday, May 30, 2010

62 Days More - My First Millionaire Business



I know everyone's excited, calm down, calm down, relax, in a few moments I'm gonna bring out to the world my first real established business. Okay okay, you might be wondering what's the difference of this one to all my other businesses. First and foremost, all of them failed!!! Ouch! When I say failed, no return of investment! Ouch Ouch! My only ROI was the learning I got from my mistakes and failures. (In psychology, this is what we call defense-mechanism: rationalizing over the thousands I've lost..hehehe)

Okay, so what is it?

Selling goods? Actually it's my job, rat-race job, but not my business.
Selling ebooks online? Soon.
T-shirt printing? Soon.
Real Estate? Soon? (hehehe)
Food? My mom does it, I'm just the marketer/sales rep/taster
Pigs? Quite soon.
Farming? Quite Quite soon
Lending? uh-huh.
Personal Services and Consultancy? Not now.
Wait..wait..what?????
LENDING?

"Those who have not sinned, shall cast the first stone!"
 (just defensive)

Why of all services chose lending?

Let's rephrase it...Why not lending?

Okay, why am I too defensive? First and foremost its lending that almost made us motherless after she tried buying muriatic acid at the sarisari store devastated from all the debts she was unable to pay. Like what I said in my previous post my new best friend now is debt. I have to accept the reality that debt is something normal for a person to survive. And at most times, it can be something very very good. Honestly, this is not easy, I begin to think I am now the motorcycle rider with turban my mom tries to run away from before. But I have to open myself and embrace it. Make my very weakness my sole strength. 

How did this came about? It's not really easy when your staff, with all his guts, approaches you and sincerely tells you that his wife is giving birth, he's down to today's meal only, her child needs this and that,  and how he hopes he could borrow money from you offering to pay you with interest? Say this happens like once every two weeks. And all you can say is a "No, I don't do that." Sometimes, they joke asking from you but you just smile at them, "No, sorry." This was how it came to be.


Let me state this loud and clear: My vision-mission is: Help People AND Earn. Earning money should not be the main focus in this business. All my decision making should be rooted on how can I help this person. And comes my earning part. I promise my self that I'd stop this immediately, no questions asked, if my head gets big and I worry how much will I be earning.

My terms are simple, a generous 5% per month, and increases anther 5% the following month and so on. Missed to pay amount will be subject to the next months interest rate on the whole amount not the remaining balance. This is to motivate them to pay fast in the first month at the smallest rate. I'm expecting surprises in the first few months but I'll be as flexible as possible. (Remember, ready, fire, aim principle)



Now, I can say to myself, this time I will be the motorcycle rider instead of bringing a scythe, I will be bringing hope.


Kuya, Tita, and Jan, thank you for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails